Personal Injury FAQ Is it Important to Consult an Attorney Right Away?

Personal Injury FAQ

Answers from Our St. Francis County Personal Injury Lawyers

At Easley & Houseal, PLLC, we have over 65 years of combined experience helping clients throughout Arkansas with their personal injury claims. In this time, we have learned a lot about what it takes to get you the compensation that your case may deserve.

To learn answers to some of your frequently asked questions, read below or call us at (870) 330-0015 to schedule a free consultation.

Can I Be Compensated for Lost Wages?

Yes. You are entitled to full compensation for time off work due to your injuries. Make a log of your time off work and retain any medical statements regarding your time off. It may also be important to speak with your employer and get their records, if possible.

Is it Important to Consult an Attorney Right Away?

The simple answer is yes. You need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible so all your rights are protected. It is also critical to preserve all the evidence pertaining to your case, speak to witnesses, and get current reports from your doctors or psychiatrists. There is also a statute of limitations on most cases, which means you have a limited time to file. The sooner you contact a personal injury attorney, the quicker we can begin building your claim!

How Should I Handle Requests from the Insurance Company?

Never give a recorded statement to the insurance claims adjuster without consulting with a personal injury attorney first. The adjuster's job is to help the insurance company and the party who caused your injury. It is not to help you.

Don't sign any papers without first talking to an attorney. By signing a general release you absolve your right to take legal action against those who caused your injury and you will not be able to file a claim for compensation.

How Much Money Am I Entitled To?

Many factors contribute to the amount you are entitled to, including length of medical treatment, type of treatment, the amount of property damage, and the time period you suffered following the accident. Each case varies and it is important to receive individual attention based on your circumstances for your best chances at obtaining the maximum amount of compensation.

Seek out our services today! We offer free consultations. Call (870) 330-0015 or send us a message online.